Maps, 2005-2010

(photo by jenny beorkrem)



After Rebecca Solnit and Guillermo Gómez-Peña


On the Golden Gate Bridge, I am always, always in love.
 
In Fisherman’s Wharf, I am a miserable tourist.

In the Ferry Building, I regret yesterday's Junior Whopper.

In the Financial District, I am always somewhere else.

In North Beach, I am on a pilgrimage to City Lights.

In Chinatown, I am in Chinatown.

In Russian Hill, I am in a Hollywood movie car chase scene.

In Nob Hill, I wonder about Mark Kozelek and why I’ll never be the one.

In the Tenderloin, I walk alone at midnight and I feel invincible/invisible.

In AT&T Park, I am on Top of the World.

In SFMOMA, I am Third World.

At the Civic Center, I am First World.

At Alamo Square, apparently, I don’t listen to NPR enough.

In Golden Gate Park, I become a hippie Kim Novak.

In Haight, I am always not on time.

At Dolores Park, I am too drunk to care if I’m hip or not.

At 16th and Valencia, I am a tiger who wants to bite every beautiful boy and girl.

In the Castro, I am a lovely, lovely bird.

In Twin Peaks, I am a woman of mystery.

At the Bottom of the Hill, I am everyone’s friend.

In South San Francisco, I smell like home.

At Ocean Beach, I am never at home.